Common Rail Repair
With common rail now dominating the market, demand for this type of repair is constantly on the increase and Merlin has invested heavily in this sector. Recently we have completed building a state of the art clean room facility and we are capable of repairing the very latest systems from Bosch, Delphi, Denso and Continental. We are dedicated to keeping pace with technology so our range of services is always expanding.
With our fully accredited Bosch, Delphi, Denso and Continental engineers working in our purpose built common rail test facility we endeavor to keep the most popular units ready for use in our service exchange programme. We also offer a test and report service with 24 hour turnaround.
Test Equipment in use:
- CRIPC X 2: for official re-calibration of Continental and Delphi common rail injectors
- AVM PC2 X 3: for official re-calibration of Denso common rail Injectors and Delphi, Denso and Continental high pressure pumps
- CRP-PC: For official re-calibration of Delphi and Continental high pressure pumps
- Bosch 815 x 1: For official test of Bosch common rail piezo injectors and re-calibration of Bosch common rail magnetic injectors and Bosch high pressure pumps
- Bosch 708 x 1: For official test of Bosch common rail piezo injectors and re-calibration of Bosch common rail magnetic injectors and Bosch high pressure pumps
- Merlin S4000 x 1: For all makes common rail injector re-calibration
Solenoid or piezoelectric valves make possible fine electronic control over the fuel injection time and quantity, and the higher pressure that the common rail technology makes available provides better fuel atomization. In order to lower engine noise, the engine's ECU can inject a small amount of diesel just before the main injection event ("pilot" injection), thus reducing its explosiveness and vibration, as well as optimizing injection timing and quantity for variations in fuel quality, cold starting and so on. Some advanced common rail fuel systems perform as many as five injections per stroke.